AOL is an American Online service provider and web portal that is currently headquartered in New York, United States. And, AOL mail is a free web based email service form AOL Inc. that has around 1.5 million users globally.
For starters, it allows for unlimited Mailbox size and supports POP3, SMTP and IMAP protocols. Also, users have the option to link their AOL mails to other email service providers like Google and Hotmail. One can also send email attachments through AOL mail that are up to 25 MB in size. Similarly, other notable features include Spam and Virus protection with support for up to 52 different languages with spell checking. In summary, the AOL mail has a lot of compelling features that make it quite popular amongst its user base.
In order to use your AOL mail with third party Email clients, you need to have proper settings enabled on your mail clients. These settings allows access to your AOL Mail from any supported email clients including Outlook wherever and whenever you like. So, you probably don’t want to mess this up. And, we’ve listed the proper AOL mail Settings for Outlook to help you do just that. Simply follow the steps listed hereafter to setup your outlook for AOL mails. Let’s get started.
AOL Mail Outgoing (SMTP) Settings for Outlook
SMTP AOL mail settings allows you to send AOL mail from your Outlook email client. And, incorrect AOL mail settings can bring forth various errors when sending out your AOL mails. Now, we’ve listed the correct AOL mail SMTP settings for Outlook.
- Set the SMTP host or server to: aol.com
- Next, set the SMTP port to: 465 and choose SSL/TLS or Auto for the type of Encrypted Connection
- Now, enter your Full Email address in the SMTP Username Section
- Again, enter your email account password in the SMTP password and you’re done.
Also Read: How To Change iCloud Email Address
AOL mail Receiving Settings
AOL supports both the POP3 and IMAP protocols for receiving mails sent to your AOL mail addresses in Outlook. And, there are several differences between them. You should have prior information about both of them and choose the best one for use in Outlook. Nonetheless, we’ve listed both the POP3 and IMAP settings for AOL mail for you to Choose.
POP3 AOL Settings
- Set the POP3 Host or Server to: aol.com
- Next, set the POP3 port to 995 and use SSL/TLS for encrypted connection.
- Now, enter your Full Email address in the POP3 Username Section
- Again, enter your email account password in the POP3 password and you’re done.
IMAP AOL Settings
- Set the IMAP Host or Server to: aol.com
- Next, set the IMAP port to 993 and use SSL/TLS for encrypted connection.
- Now, enter your Full Email address in the IMAP Username Section
- Again, enter your email account password in the IMAP password and you’re done