iCloud is a cloud storage and computing service from Apple Inc. that was first started back in 12th October, 2011. Currently, it’s estimated that the service has more than 850 million users globally and is one of the most popular Apple services. For the most part, it’s available for all Apple users through their Apple ID. And, it allows users to store their important data like photos, Documents, music etc. on Apple’s remote servers. Hence, it comes in handy in case of data loss or any other mishaps.
There are many reasons for which someone might want to change their iCloud Email addresses. Sometimes, it’s due to work while other time it’s due to personal reasons. Regardless, there are many reasons where someone might want to change their iCloud Email addresses. And, it might cause many headaches to the users in the process to do so.
Fortunately, Apple has made the process of changing your iCloud Email addresses a fairly easy one. You simply need to change your Apple ID email address to change your iCloud Email. As it’s linked to your Apple ID. And, we’ve listed some easy steps guiding you to do just that. Read till the end to learn just how you can easily change your iCloud Email address. Let’s get started.
iCloud Email Address Changing Steps:
For you to change your iCloud Email Address, you’ll need to visit the official Apple ID website and Sign in. So, you need a decent internet connection and a device capable of visiting the said website. Once done, you can proceed to follow the steps shown hereafter:
- Go to the Apple ID website and sign into your Apple ID. Its easily accessible through the link given hereafter: https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin
- Once signed in, Tap on the “Edit” icon next to the account section on the Apple ID website. This section will provide us the option to change various properties of our Apple ID.
- After that, click on the hyperlink shown as “Change Apple ID” on the top of the account menu. This will show a new popup that will ask you to enter a new email address for your Apple ID.
- Simply enter your new email address on the black space and click on continue. Here, you might want to check for a verification code if you just changed your email address into a non-Apple one. Also, you’ll be prompted to enter the said code as well. Enter it to save your changes.
- Once done and verified, proceed to the iCloud website at: https://www.icloud.com/ and sign in with your new email address. You’ve successfully changed your iCloud Email Address if you can sign into your iCloud with your new email address.
Might Be Useful: What Happens When You Block Someone on Your iPhone?