Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular instant chat and messaging platform that is used all over the world. And, it available across all platforms including Windows, Android, Mac OS, iOS and more.
Despite its popularity, it’s not known for providing options to the users for managing their chats and conversations. For instance, Facebook took years to provide users the option to delete accidentally sent messages from both the sender and receivers side. And, the process is even more tedious if you want to delete your entire Conversation (Messages) from the Facebook messenger. Some even believe it’s easier to just deactivate your account rather than deleting your conversations manually.
However if you want to just delete your conversations, then the process can be very time-consuming to say the least. But, it’s still possible and there are many ways to do just that. Some of them are shown hereafter and you can choose the one that you like.
Delete All Conversation on Facebook Messenger
Delete Messages Manually One a Time
You can use this process to delete messages from both the browser and the Messenger app on your mobile devices. However, you need to manually delete your chats one at a time in this method. So it’s very time consuming to complete. Now, let’s get started.
- Open your internet browser and log into your Facebook account. Next, open the messenger pane or open the messenger page on the Browser itself. You can easily do so through : https://www.facebook.com/messages/
- Now, hover your mouse cursor over your desired chat and tap on the three dot menu when displayed. Here, you can see additional options but we’re here to delete the said chat so we choose “Delete Chat” option.
- Finally confirm the action and you’ve successfully deleted your messages. Now, you just have to repeat the same process for all your conversations.
For Messenger App:
- Simply open the messenger App on your smartphone and stay on the chats section of your screen.
- Next, tap and hold a conversation that you want to delete. This will show us additional options for the said chat.
- Now, choose the “Delete” option to delete your entire conversation. Again, repeat the same process for every chats that you have had.
Delete through Browser Extensions
This method of deleting your conversations requires you to log into your Facebook account through a secure browser. Here, we’re using chrome and you can use anything that supports browser extensions as you need to install one. Now let’s get started:
- Open your desired Browser and go into their respective Webstore. Here, search for “Delete All Messages on Facebook” and add that to your browser. For chrome users you can use the link given below to add the extensions: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/delete-all-messages-on-fa/hdigpgnfpockednepfiinhdjebkmpicn?hl=en
- Now, log into your Facebook account in the same browser and make sure that the extension is enabled on it.
- After that, click on the extension icon and tap on the “Open Messages” option shown on the screen. Finally, you click on “Delete All Messages” to complete the process.