iCloud is a free Cloud Storage and Computing service from Apple Inc. to its customers. The service was started back in 12th October, 2011 and it has an estimated 850 million users globally. As such, it’s one of the best Apple services till date and it’s available to its users through their respective Apple Mail. Today we will discuss tech guide on iCloud Server Settings.
Apple Mail or iCloud Mail is an email service form Apple Inc. to its users. It’s an evolution of then NeXTMail which was a product of Steve Jobs Company “NeXT Computer”. So, it’s one of the oldest and the best mail service in existence till date. However, it’s not as popular as other mail services like Gmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail etc. And, the main reason for that is you need to own an Apple device to create it.
iCloud mail is the cornerstone to access all of Apple’s current services. And, it works out of the box with all Apple Devices. Similarly, it’s easy to set up and has the best Spam, Virus and phishing protection of any email services. Apple also protects user’s privacy and doesn’t check any mails that you send or receive. Furthermore, it provides users with the option to use email aliases with iCloud and provides an option for VIP senders as well.
iCloud Mail supports standard mail protocols like IMAP and SMTP meaning users have easy access to their mails. This also allows iCloud Mail users to use third party email clients to remotely access their mails from any devices. And, the correct iCloud Mail IMAP and SMTP settings are listed hereafter:
iCloud IMAP and SMTP Settings
iCloud IMAP Settings
Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP) is an open standard for retrieving emails from the server. It’s built for access with multiple emails clients in mind. So, it doesn’t download our mails but directly load them from the server. This ensures multi-device access with faster load times. iCloud also supports IMAP for mail retrieval. And, the correct iCloud IMAP settings are given hereafter:
- Choose Incoming (IMAP) Host or Server as: mail.me.com
- Next, use 993 as the IMAP Port and SSL/TLS for encrypted connection.
- Now, enter name part of your iCloud Email address ( For ex; enter “test” instead of full “firstname.lastname@example.org) in the IMAP Username Section
- Again, enter your iCloud password in the IMAP password
Might Be Useful: AOL Mail Settings For Outlook
iCloud SMTP Settings
Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) is a set of communication guidelines for sending out emails form one server to another. It works together with other internet protocols like IMAP and POP. But, SMTP is solely dedicated for sending out emails unlike the other two. Now, iCloud SMTP settings allows you to send out mails from your Favorite email clients. And, the correct iCloud SMTP Settings are listed below:
- Choose Outgoing (SMTP) Host or Server as: mail.me.com
- Next, use 587 as the SMTP Port and SSL/TLS for encrypted connection.
- Now, enter your Full iCloud Email address (Not only “test” but full “email@example.com) in SMTP Username section.
- Again, enter your iCloud password in the SMTP password